ജ .കൃഷ്ണയ്യര് കമ്മിഷന് സംഭവിച്ചതെന്തു?എനിക്ക് തോന്നുന്നു, വാര്ത്തകളെ മാറ്റി വച്ചു കൊണ്ട് , ഈബില്ലിലെ യഥാര്ത്ഥ വരികളില് ചര്ച്ച നടക്കേണ്ടതുണ്ടെന്ന് .
യഥാര്ത്ഥത്തില് എന്തെങ്കിലും സംഭവിച്ചോ?
രണ്ടില് കൂടുതല് കുട്ടികളായാല് മാതാപിതാക്കള്ക്ക് പിഴയെന്നു കേള്ക്കുന്നു.
... മൂന്നാമതും ഗര്ഭിണി ആയാല് നിയമം പാലിക്കാന് ആവശ്യം പോലെ ഗര്ഭ ചിദ്ര മാര്ഗങ്ങള് ഒരുക്കണമെന്ന് കമ്മിഷന് പറഞ്ഞതായും കേള്ക്കുന്നു.
വരൂ കൂട്ടുകാരെ, നമുക്കൊരു ചര്ച്ചയാകാം...
ബില്ലില് പ്രധാന ഭാഗങ്ങള് ഞാന് ഇവിടെ ചേര്ക്കുന്നു.
നിയമ വിദഗ്ദരുടെ അഭിപ്രായം കൂടി ആരായാതെ ഇതിന്റെ കൃത്യമായ അര്ത്ഥം നമുക്ക് പറയാനാകില്ലെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു..
ഇത് വരെ ഞാന് പോസ്ടിയ ബില് ഭാഗങ്ങളില് മാതാപിതാക്കള്ക്ക് ശിക്ഷ എന്നത് ഇതില് കണ്ടില്ല(എനിക്ക് നിയമം നിര്വചിക്കാന് കഴിയാത്തത് കൊണ്ടാണെന്ന് തോന്നുന്നു ) അടുത്ത ഭാഗം ഉടനെ ചേര്ക്കാം.
എന്നാല് പതിനെട്ടു വയസിനു ശേഷം മാത്രം വിവാഹം.
ആദ്യ കുഞ്ഞിനു അര ലക്ഷം ആനുകൂല്യം
മൂന്ന് വര്ഷത്തെ ഇടവേളയ്ക്കു ശേഷം എങ്കില് രണ്ടാമത്തെ കുഞ്ഞിനും ആനുകൂല്യം
ഈ നിര്ദേശം പാലിക്കപ്പെട്ടാല് രണ്ടാമത്തെ കുഞ്ഞിന്റെ പിറവിക്കു ശേഷം തുക കൈമാറും.
അഥവാ നിര്ദേശം വേണ്ടെന്നു വക്കുന്നവര്ക്ക് മേല്പറഞ്ഞ ആനുകൂല്യം സര്ക്കാരിനു നിഷേധിക്കാം എന്നൊക്കെയാണ് ഇത് വായിച്ചപ്പോള് എനിക്ക് തോന്നിയത്.
ഒരു പ്രമുഖ ടിവി ചാനല് breaking കൊടുത്തത് പോലെ ' മാതാപിതാക്കള്ക്കും ശിക്ഷ ' എന്നത് വെറും ഓല പാമ്പ് ആണെന്ന് തോന്നുന്നു.
മറ്റൊരു പ്രധാന വിമര്ശം- ഗര്ഭ ചിദ്രത്തിന് എളുപ്പ വഴി ഉണ്ടാക്കിയെന്നതാണ്. എന്നാല് ബില്ലില് പറയുന്ന 9c കാണുക. അതില് പറയുന്നത് പബ്ലിക്ഹെല്ത്ത് കോഡിനു വിധേയമായി സ്ത്രീകള്ക്ക് ഗര്ഭ ചിദ്രത്തിന് സൌജന്യ - സുരക്ഷിത സൌകര്യം ഉണ്ടാക്കി കൊടുക്കണം എന്നുള്ളതാണ്.
എന്താണ് പബ്ലിക് ഹെല്ത്ത് കോഡ്? ആരാണ് ഇതിനു കീഴില് പരിഗണിക്കപ്പെടുന്നവര് എന്നത് പരിശോധിക്കെണ്ടാതുണ്ട്. സാമാന്യമായി ബലാല്സംഗത്തിന് വിധേയമായവരോ, മരണം സംഭവിക്കാവുന്ന അവസ്ഥയിലുള്ളവരോ, തുടങ്ങിയവര് ആണ്. കൂടുതല് പബ്ലിക് ഹെല്ത്ത് കോഡ് വായിച്ചു ചര്ച്ച ചെയ്യാവുന്നതാണ്.
ശരി.. ഇനി ചര്ച്ച തുടരാം
where as Kerala children's code Bill governing both males and females form the womb upto the age of 18 years and
Whereas adults , males and females are governed by various Central and state legislations as regard marriages, inheritance, domestic, and work place violence, sexual violence and very many other aspects of life, and
Whereas weaker section of the society namely women are found in need of special provisins for their welfare and protection in various other fields where there are no enactments.
Be it enacted by the Legislative assembly of Kerala in the Sixty -second Year of the republic of India as follows:
1.Short title, extwnt and commencement
(a)This Act shall be called the Kerala Women's Code Bill
(b)It shall extent to then whole of kerala
(c)it shall come into force as such date as notified by the government in the official Gazette.
a) 'Government" means Government of Kerala
b) Family' means husband, wife or any one of them if them if the other is no more or divorced along with their children. Where more then one marriage is legally allowed, or on valid divorce, another wife or husband is subsisting, such other person and children born under that wedlock included in the family. An adopted child will be a member of the family if the adoption is legal and concensual.
c)'Legal disqualification' means disentitlement , administrative or other, sustained by either spouce, as specified under section 4 of this chapter. Provided that a child shall not be disentitlement to any of its rights or claims on the score of any act or any omission, default or disqualification suffered by either spouce, under the provision of this Chapter.
3) Adoption and Family Planning and Birth Contrl as secular Policy of population Regulation of the State.____The Kerala state declares, as a mean of social stability , family well being and sound national economy, the need for State Level GFamily Planning and Birth Control as its basic policy with the object of checking the unhealthy, uneconomic and abnormal increase in population, and for sustaining harmony and happiness among all communities. This State Policy shall be geared to promoting the fraternal comity and secular structure of society so as to secure the health and welfare of women and children in every family and ultimately of the State and the Nation.
4)Family norm to be adopted by every person, who is major, under this code----Within the scope of a lawful wedlock, solemnized after the date of commencment of this Code, each unit of of husband and wife shall limit its children to two for entitlement to the advantage the State grants to the members of a family and avoidance of the legal disqualification provided under the chapter. If , on the legal termination of a wedlock, one of the spouces lawfully marries again, the children born by that wedlock shall be the members of a different faily for the purpose of this Chapter.
5)Violation of Family norm to be a legal disqualification-----One year aftr this CODE comes into force, any act or omission, movement, campaign or project which induces or tends to induce the violation of the family norm of two children as prescribed under this chapter, shall be or in any other manner abets the violation, of the provision, under this chapter, shall be regarded as a 'legally disqualified person' for the purpose of this chapter. abetment, in this chapter shall have the same meaning as under section 107 of the Indian Penal Code
6)Grant of additional facilities and advantages for those who conform to the family norm set out under this act and are not legally disqualified under section 4____ The govt.shall, through the Village Panchayaths, Municipalities and other local self govt. units or prescribed agencies, provide:--a) a cash incentive not exceeding Rs.50,000/-to a women who marry after the age of nineteen and have their first child after the 20th year of age, the eligible event being the birth of the first child; a similar sum shall be granted on the birth of the second child. this cash eligibility shall be granted on the birth of the second child. This cash eligibility shall be available for the birth of second chaild only if a spacing of three years after the date of the birth of the first child is proved by a certificate from a gazetted officer of the Revenue or a medical officer of the Health Dept. or a village panchayath president or Legislative Assembly member. The sum so entitled shall be payable by the district collector on an application, with the aforesaid certificate if made within six months the date or dates of birth.
7. Prevntion of population policy-
(a)Any person , who ,or any organization , which actively imparts publicity to the state's statutory Population Regulation Policy or other positive dimensions of family planning in general conformity with the principles indicated in this chapter, shall be eligible for such consideration as may be notified by the govt.
b)Where a social or religious organization or political institution engages in active publicity or resorts to any measures calculated to negative or discourage the plan, policy or principle of the population regulation, family planning or birth control outlined in this chapter generally, such entity shall be liable to censure by the Governor except where absence of any motive to discourage or defeat the policy of this chapter is proved. The Governor shall exercise this Option of censure only on the the recommendation of the Commission set apart under Section 8 of this Chapter
c) Where any person or institution by any act or any omission encourages, facilitates or otherwise promotes the State policy set under this chapter and creates public opinion favourable to the provision of this chapter, such entity may be granted rewards in cash or awards conferring distinction by the Governor on the recommendation of the Commission set up under Section & of the Chapter.
8) Commisiion for the implementetion of Population Regulation Policy-
a) The Government shall constitute a Commission of not more than ten members, consisting of social activists and public personalities or heads of institutuion with committment to the philosophy and policy spelt out in this chapter. The objectives of the Commission shall be to function in every manner supportive of.
b) The policies of population , familywell -being , birth control as well as the moral and economic advantages, gender justice and other progressive dimensions of the programme underlying this chapter.
c)to suggest creative changes and improvement and elimination of harmful features if any, in the objectives, provisions and workings contained in this chapter
d)To hold dialogues, discussions, invite papers and organize seminars to create public opinion favourable to the policy laid down in this Chapter, clarify misunderstandings, if any, about the social and economic basics of this Chapter and eliminate any anty-religious or communal or political interpretations of this Chapter and explain the sociological and or economic gains , public health benefits and child development advantage intended by the provisions in the chapter.This Commission shall be headed by a social activist of outstanding stature and secular commitment with concern for demographic and developmental considerations. The members of the commission shall not be political or religius office holders at the District or State level and shall be appointed by the governor in the consultation with the Chief Minister and such other dignitaries as he deems fit.
e) All the members, including the President , shall be appointed by the Governor according to rules prescribed in this behalf.
f)If the commission considers that there is general wilful indifference to the provision of this chapter or frequent violation thereof it may recommend to the state govt.to make provisions by way of Civil and Criminal liability in the shape of damages upto Rs.10,000/-or penal liability not exceeding three months simple imprisonment or fine rS10,000/-> . Provided that this provision shall be made only after resolution is passed in the Legislative assembly authorizing the imposition of such a penal liability.such a provision shall cease to be in force if a repeal thereof is rquired by a fresh resolution with a 2/3rd majority of the total membership of the house whether present or not.
9) Health insurance plan-
a)There shall be established a health Insurance Plan which covers all couples with their children who are below poverty line, if one of the spouse had undergone sterilization. There shall also be a personal accident insurance cover for the spouse undergoing sterilization if any injury is sustained accountable to sterilization.
b)couples below poverty line, who marry on or after the age of twenty , and have their first child born after the mother reaches the age of 21, will be rewarded by the Commission in cash not exceeding Rs.5,000/-
c)medically safe contraceptive and instructive literature shall be made accessible free at the time of marriage ad at any time thereafter by the District Medical officer. Counseling service shall be made available by every hospitals free on request as a professional obligation under the PUBLIC HEALTH CODE
d)facilities for safe abortion will be made available free and through hospitals, hkth care centres, governmental and private as an obligation under the PUBLIC HEALTH CODE10. Prohibition of inducements for generation of more children than provided in Section $ of this chapter__(1) No person or institution shall use religion , region ,sect ,caste , cult or other ulterior inducements for the bearing of more children permitted by Section 4.
(2) Such child born in contravention of sub-section 1 shall , al the same, be entitled to all the rights of the child and shall not be subjected to any penalty , discrimination or disadvantage. Notwithstanding this immunity , the parents may for the purpose of this chapter be subject to the legal disqualification specified under the Chapter.
11.Filing of complaint and the court having jurisdiction to try rhe offence.__
(1)Any person or a public organization or institution associated with or carrying on the work of Family Planning and Birth control may file a complaint alleging violation of the provisions in the Section 5 or 7 or both before the judicial Majistrate of the First Class within whose juridiction of the offence is alleged to have been committed.
(2) On filing the complaint, the court shall entertain and dispose of it in accordance with the provisions in the PUBLIC HEALTH CODE and decision therein shall be subject to appeal and revision as provided in the Criminal Procedure Code
12. Operation of provisions in sections 5 and 6__ provisions in Section 5and 6 shall have operation only after the expiry of a period of a period of one year from the date of commencement of this code
13.Rendering assistance to the public in the matter of birth control.__
(1)the government and the Commission appointed under Section 8 shall conduct awareness programmes especially in rural areas to encourage people to adopt birth control methods to enable them to comply with requirements of this Chapter and to lead a healthy family life.
(2) The government through its hospitals, health care institutions and other centres shall provide free of cost all facilities to undergo sterilization and vasectomy operation and to adopt other birth control methods medically approved to those who choose to have such assistance.
14. Appointment of a population control officer.__ There shall be a State Population Control officer who will survey and supervise an audit the working of this Chapter and make annual Report of the said working with suggestions for improvement , if any, of the policy implementation of the Chapter. This report shall be placed on the table of the House and shall be discussed in the House if so desired by any member.
15. power to make rules__The goverment may frame necessary Rules for effectively implimenting the provisions by issuing notifications in the Gazatte.
(First Chapter completed. ബില്ലിലെ 67 മുതല് 71 വരെയുള്ള പേജുകള് പൂര്ണമായും ഇവിടെയുണ്ട്. its the chapter related to birth control. the next chapters related to sexual offences against women , shelter for women, custodial habitative, woman and the police, woman and the judiciary, prison administration, non penal custodial institution, mental health institutions, legal aid, dissolution of marriages , family courts. അതു ഇവിടെ കമ്പോസ് ചെയ്യുന്നില്ല )
107. Abetment of a thing.-- A person abets the doing of a thing, who- First.- Instigates any person to do that thing; or Secondly.- Engages with one or more other person or persons in any conspiracy for the doing of that thing, if an act or illegal omission takes place in pursuance of that conspiracy, and in order to the doing of that thing; or Thirdly.- Intentionally aids, by any act or illegal omission, the doing of that thing. Explanation 1.- A person who, by wilful misrepresentation, or by wilful concealment of a material fact which he is bound to disclose, voluntarily causes or procures, or attempts to cause or procure, a thing to be done, is said to instigate the doing of that thing. Illustration A, a public officer, is authorized by a warrant from a Court of Justice to apprehend Z, B, knowing that fact and also that C is not Z, wilfully represents to A that C is Z, and thereby intentionally causes A to apprehend C. Here B abets by instigation the apprehension of C.
Explanation 2.- Whoever, either prior to or at the time of the commission of an act, does anything in order to facilitate the commission of that act, and thereby facilitates the commission thereof, is said to aid the doing of that act.)